What makes Julie Olsen’s Place Unique?
- Small class size (8 student limit)
- University trained teachers who understand brain development and how it influences learning.
- Unique curriculum developed by a Curriculum & Instruction Specialist that incorporates programs such as:
- Zoo-phonics ™ provides a strong foundation for literacy and supports phonemic awareness in young children using a visually stimulating, kinesthetic approach that students enjoy.
- A Montessori ™ style math allows children to explore with their hands and use their senses to take in information.
- Handwriting Without Tears ™ is a multi-sensory handwriting program that incorporates music and hands on activities that are developmentally appropriate and provide a solid handwriting foundation.
- Recognizes the importance of play in an early childhood program.
- Regular communication between home and school creates a supportive learning community for children.
- Appropriate structure and routines teach children how to operate in a school environment and foster self-regulation and self-discipline.
Serving the communities of Clyde Hill, Medina, Yarrow Point, Hunts Point, Enatai and Woodridge.